- Microsoft clarifies zero day exploit scenario for all MS Office versions
- Egypt has Shut down Facebook’s Free Basics service
- Why BYOD may not be as cost effective as perceived
- Google Local, another Google app bites the dust, to retire on Aug 7th
- 6 easy ways to ensure your online privacy and keeping away eavesdroppers
Microsoft seems to be on a roll. First the Windows phone followed by all-new Windows Surface and finally Windows 8. And according to its latest stats, Kinect sales have crossed 24 Million worldwide and while doing so, it equalled sales of the original xbox and also surpassed Nintendo’s Gamecube, which is 21.7 million.
The stats released by them also says that they have sold 76 million Xbox 360 consoles since its launch, on November 16th 2005.
Interesting facts being that, an average US Xbox Live Gold user spent about 87 hours a month on their Xbox 360 in 2012, an increase of 8.7 hours from 2011. Users have collectively spent 18 Billion hours on Xbox in 2012.
According to Eurogamer, “Xbox 360 is the seventh best-selling games machine of all time and the fourth best-selling home console (behind the DS, PS2, Game Boy, PS1, Wii and GBA, in that order). PlayStation 3 has sold 70.2 million. The Wii has sold 99.38 million. The Wii U has sold 3 million since its launch in November.“